We’d make it easier. But really, we can’t. It’s so simple to put local farm food on the table. Who said you have to cook? Eat raw. Or, use the recipes we provide. Sign up today for a FREE Farm Stand. OR, find our veggies on Local Line https://site.localline.ca/memorialmarket
We are excited to present a whole new shape to our Veggie shares in 2018 due to the help of our friends at Harvie. Using their software we are able to offer
- customised Veggie shares according to your preferences
- weekly recipe tips and ideas
- easy to schedule vacation holds
- simply payment plans featuring direct debit
Weekly transit to market is a bicycle only affair for Main Street Market Urban Farm this year. Each pedal stroke makes Tim warmer as he hauls 2 trailers of product in “coolers” to keep produce from freezing at -13 to -31 on Sunday mornings.
Yet, as the Whig reports, customers are also warming up to getting weekly doses of farm fresh goodness at Memorial Centre Farmers’ Market. Both literally and figuratively. And, they’re doing so at our current Winter location of 484 Albert St, inside Princess St United church’s rear hall.
From 10am – 2pm we’re set up with fresh produce, sprouts&shoots, ferments, Kombucha, cookies, baked goods, and ready-to-eat okonomiyaki (Japanese savoury pancakes). And it’s a lively place to be. With Kate Weekes, Fiddle Earth and other local musos playing tunes, the bustle and chatter of marketgoers, and the hustle to keep our big array in a tiny display stocked, it’s a hopping destination.
Haven’t come out yet this year? Or ever? Come visit and take home a taste of what you’ve been missing. Warm up to conversation and farm fresh food. As we always say, “Come for coffee, stay for lunch, and take home dinner!”
Keep your friends close and your farmer closer.
This week of February has become a North America wide gear up to #CSAday veggie basket sales. We’ve got 99% of our Spring preparation done already
- Field work in Fall
- Desk work in December
- January seed and equipment ordering
- February finding staff and scheduling
Now we need EATERS. Yes!
The best part of farming, arguably (besides working outdoors, rejoicing in weather, excellent exercise, and the thrill of risk and adventure), is EATing.
That’s where you join us. (We hope.) By EATing along with us you join the effort to make our urban farm a go. Your membership in our Community Shared Agriculture weekly produce basket program gets you into a unique relationship with your farmer
the urban land we farm.
Connecting with your food by pledging to pay for it up front guarantees you a share in the Freshest Food from our harvest, uniquely delivered to you by BICYCLE.
Your membership involves you in
- Caring for several swathes of soil in the city of Kingston (LOCAL LANDSCAPE)
- Educating new farmers (LOCAL KNOWLEDGE)
- Providing employment in Kingston (LOCAL ECONOMY)
- Increasing Kingston food sovereignty by reducing dependence on imports
- Reducing food miles, emissions, lost freshness & nutrition, urban truck traffic noise and congestion (LOCAL LIVABILITY)
- Saving your money (because produce in our baskets costs less than our items do at shops or market)
- Saving your time (traipsing through the produce aisles looking for organics)
Join us in the best of farming -EAT with us!